Friday 20 July 2012

To the future...

To the future,

I would like to state, very clearly, that if I should ever be so unfortunate as to be diagnosed with dementia, or alzheimer's that I do not expect anyone, particularly, my family to sacrifice their perfectly good life to care for me once my quality of life is poor. Once I can no longer look after myself. Once I am incontinent, aggressive, abusive etc. I do not wish to be kept alive by medical means. I do not wish to be taking constant medications that do nothing to help my situation. I do not want to be rescuscitated, I do not want life saving treatments to be administered and in no way, do I want my life prolonged.

My only hope for the future is that voluntary euthanasia becomes legal and readily available where I live by the time that comes (if it comes) for me.

I hope that my family can get past any guilt they may feel for jamming me in a nursing home. Even though I may not feel it at the time, and I may fight and kick and scream about it later on down the track. Right now, I am ok with being jammed in a home in order than my children and partner may have the potential to enjoy their lives without having to sacrifice everything for me.

That is all for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment