Thursday 14 November 2013

Goodbye to a girl so young

Today I went to a funeral for a 9 year old girl. Her sister goes to school with my oldest daughter. She was very sick for 5 years, and it was anticipated that she would die, but was still a shock when it happened. I am lost for words really. It was so sad to see the family have to cope with their oldest daughter and her passing after 5 hard years of her becoming more and more disabled with each passing year. She out lived her life expectancy, and I'm sure it is something of a relief that she is now freed from being trapped inside her broken little body.

I feel for the family, although they will probably sleep better at night now that they don't have to sleep with one eye open, they don't have to go in each morning wondering if she'll be dead or alive, but they'll still have guilt when they have a good night sleep, and they'll be able to enjoy doing all the things that they couldn't do with a wheelchair bound child, but still the guilt follows each time you enjoy something when part of your family is missing.

Rest in peace little angel, I hope heaven is better for you than the earth was.

No comments:

Post a Comment