Thursday 31 January 2013

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see?

Well, i know it's probably only a street light, that I will eventually pass, and continue into the darkness of the long long tunnel, but still, it's a little light.

I feel like I may well be getting there with my step grandfather inlaw. I may have found him a nursing home, after 18 months of banging my head against numerous brick walls. Fingers crossed it all works out. I found a place, close to my home, across the road from my Gym, it has vacancies. It is nice, the rooms are good. He can have a room with a bedroom, and a lounge and an ensuite, it opens up with a sliding door, onto a courtyard with a garden. It's small enough to not be hospital-esque.

It's only 15 minutes from my house, i go past there at least a few times a week. Ah, if this works out i'll be happy. It'll make my life a whole lot easier having him close so I don't have to waste a half a day each time I need to do things for him. I'll be able to invite him over for lunch without it being a 3 hour round trip. I'll be able to pop in on the way to or from the gym to run errands.

The only thing is, there are quite a few vacant rooms, which would lead me to believe that there is a problem with the place. But then I have a friend who's father inlaw is there, and they haven't seen any issues. I think the main issue is that it's on the corner of 2 busy main roads. Which, in my case, doesn't cause a problem as my step grandfather in-law is almost deaf, so the noise from the traffic won't bother him a bit. The rooms I'm looking at don't have windows facing the street, so it shouldn't be a problem. Probably more of a plus, because there are doctors, chemists, shops, post offices, optometrists, podiatrists, banks, etc. all within gopher distance from the nursing home.

I'm impressed at the size of the rooms, he'll be able to have his recliner, and his TV and his computer and printer and computer desk all in his little lounge room and he'll be able to tap away and continue writing his books to his hearts delight.

It's a tiny tiny potential victory for me in a massive massive marathon. I hope it works out. Please, I need a little win, I really have worked very hard for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment